10 Ways to Love Your Child
I have a family and I don’t appreciate them, even though they could be gone tomorrow from a car accident, an illness, or even suicide. So how did I love them today?
My co-worker’s niece died last week. This healthy, beautiful, 15-year-old was gone in five days. Her parents’ only daughter… gone. A child who brought joy to her two brothers… gone.A girl admired by her friends and classmates… gone. Her mother’s regret? She didn’t get to say a last good-bye and tell her daughter one more time how much she loved her and how much she meant to her before she fell into a coma and slipped away.
How can you love your children today? Let these 10 ways to love your child, before it’s too late.
How Can You Love Your Children Today?
- Leave the dishes in the sink and tuck them in bed.
- Turn your computer off and look at your children.
- Turn your phone off and listen to your children.
- Stop what you’re doing and go sit by your children.
- Walk across the room and hug your children.
- Kiss them at the door when they get home.
- Never leave an argument without saying “I love you.”
- When they ask you to play with them, say “yes,” instead of “in a little while.”
- Try to understand them; see the world through their eyes.
- Don’t let a day go by without giving them a kind word.
More Ways to Love Your Child:
- iMOM Love Notes
- Lunchbox Notes
- Phrases for Praises
- Mom Time Coupons
- Kid Coupons
- 10 Reasons Why I Love You
- Family Fun Time Cards
© 2011 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.