10 Ways to Share Christmas Love
The holiday season is full of hustle and bustle, and that is a lot of fun. But the holiday season is enjoyed most when we and our children take time to share with others. So choose from our 10 ideas below, and use our Printable Christmas Love Gift Tags to Share Christmas Love. Post a picture of your family sharing the love on Facebook or Instagram. Include the hashtag #imom #christmaslove in your post description and you could win an iMOM gift bag full of goodies. No limit to the number of entries!
1. Bake and Take. Christmas sweets and treats make the holiday brighter. Choose from our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies and share them with a neighbor, your mail carrier, or anyone else who could use some Christmas cheer.
2. Ho-Ho-Ho, Surprise! Let your children choose one of these 6 Easy Gifts for Kids to Make and then secretly surprise someone by leaving the gift at their doorstep. Or, take the gifts with you and give to people you encounter during the day – the worker at the dry cleaners, the cashier in the drive-through, or the librarian.
3. Hot Chocolate on a Cold Day. Buy some disposable coffee cups with lids, a multi-cup carrier, and make some hot chocolate. Deliver it to folks working outside or to anyone else who needs to feel the warmth of the season.
4. Doctor, Dentist, Pastor. Share Christmas love by visiting these offices with goodies in hand. Let your children help you make this traditional and delicious Red Velvet Cake. Take along paper plates and plastic utensils too.
5. Help the Helpless. Your children will learn the most about true giving when they give to those who can’t easily give back. Prepare goodie bags for the elderly, the homeless, or for families staying with their children at local hospitals. Include holiday items like sweets, but also practical items like travel-sized toothpaste, mints, and mouthwash.
6. Secret Sweet Attack! Use our printable Christmas Love for You Gift Tags and tie them around candy canes or other holiday treats. Secretly leave them at Laundromats, at the playground, or in the library.
7. Drive-Through Dash. Load your kids in the car and head for a fast food drive through. After you pay for your own order, tell the cashier you’d like to pay for the orders of the two cars behind you. Next, drive just far enough away where you can’t be seen, but you can still watch the reaction of the people you’ve surprised.
8. Prayer Jar. Cut slips of paper big enough for you and your children to write the names of those you know who need prayer. Put the slips in a jar and pull out three or four each day. Pray for them and also use one of the other ideas on this list to share Christmas love with that person.
9. Love a Mom. Mothers can always use encouragement! Print out our Immeasurable Value of a Mom Bookmark. Write a note on the back saying something like, “You are special because you are a mom. Merry Christmas.” Leave it on the car windshields of moms you know, or add it to a goodie bag you can deliver.
10. Love a Child. Share the love and the story of Christmas with your children’s friends with our adorable Christmas Story Printable. Let your children cut them out and put them and the story printable in a bag. Finish with our Christmas Love Gift Tags and add some cookies or candy canes too.
© 2013 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.