14 Fun Weekend Family Activities
- High School Sporting Event: Go to a local high school football, basketball or any other game. Games will usually cost anywhere up to $5 and are sometimes even free for kids! To make this even more fun, collect plastic bottles and any cardboard/poster board to make signs and noisemakers to cheer your team on.
- Mystery Trip: Take the kids on a mystery trip. Give them clues about your destination as you get closer. It can be something as simple as an ice cream shop or a playground, or a trip to a museum or amusement park. The possible destinations are endless- just make it a surprise!
- Family Theater: Put your child in the spotlight and put on a family play. You can make this as simple or detailed as you want by creating costumes, props, tickets, and maybe even some yummy refreshments. This is also a great opportunity to record a home video!
- The Family Restaurant: Let your children prepare a meal and serve it to you and your husband restaurant style. This is a great way for them to have fun in the kitchen and a memorable experience for everyone!
- Gardening 101: Plant flowers (indoors in a flower pot or outside). Let your child pick out what kind of flower he or she wants to plant and teach them how to take care of it.
- Be Our Guest: Get to know the family of one of your child’s friends by having the family over for a cookout.
- Picture Perfect: Let your kids take photos, print them, and make a photo album- then have the kids think of captions. Photo albums are easy, fun, and serve as a great keepsake!
- Scavenger Hunt: Have a fun, free scavenger hunt. You can make up fun clues and even have a prize at the end! If you aren’t too sure where to start, look up some ideas on the internet to get you going.
- Bike Ride: Go on a bike ride that ends with a picnic. Map your route before you leave, choosing new and interesting destinations each week. This day will be full of fun, food, and great exercise!
- Spa Day: (girls only!) Have a spa hour- paint each other’s nails, do your hair, and let them put makeup on you. To make your spa day even better, wear bath robes and put on some soothing tunes!
- Obstacle Course: Build an obstacle course and let each family member compete for the best time. You can even make certificates or medals for everyone.
- Garage Sale: Have a garage sale and let your kids decide how to spend the proceeds on a family day. Who says you can’t have fun and tidy up the garage at the same time?
- Secret Serving: Plan a secret surprise for someone in need. For example, cook a meal for someone or mow their lawn without them knowing who did it.
- Back Yard Camping: Tell ghost stories, look at the stars, and enjoy some yummy s’mores all in the comfort of your very own back yard.
© 2014 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
Companies and Products We Know And Trust.
Among my five children, there are some who get good school grades very easily, and some who don’t. That’s why I’m so glad someone gave [...]