8 Themed Dinner Ideas for Kids
- Globe trotter. Choose a country. Enjoy its food and customs.
- In season. Winter, spring, summer or fall. Step into the season with decorations and seasonal foods.
- Character dinner. What would Dora eat? Does Mario like meatloaf? Serve what you think Yo-Gabba-Gabba would like.
- Toys and games. Like Legos? Build Lego platforms for your silverware. Cut your food into Lego-shaped bricks. You get the idea.
- Color code. Is your child’s favorite color blue? Sounds like you’ll be having blue-tinted spaghetti, blueberries and other blue-hued foods tonight!
- Candlelight. Kids are drawn to flickering flames like moths to a… you get the picture! Place candles safely around the dinner table. Reward good eaters with a chance to blow out the candles.
- Role reversal. You act like your daughter; she acts like you. Your son acts like your husband, and so on.
- Alphabet soup. You don’t have to limit your menu to Campbell’s, but every food item must start with the same letter.
Related Resource: 9 Strategies for Feeding Picky Eaters
© 2014 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks