Acts of Service
- Serve the hungry at a food bank or by distributing food at a soup kitchen for the homeless.
- Help a local charity by serving to help set up fundraising events or cleanup after them.
- Offer to help the neighbor mow her yard or give a friend a ride home from school.
- Volunteer to help and serve within your church.
- Volunteer as a family through Habitat or other charities.
- Here is our Christmas Giving and Wish List to help your kids write down the ways they can serve your family, friends, church, neighbors, and community.
- Toy drives
- Warm winter coats
- School supplies
- Backpacks for school
Watching your children gain firsthand experience with the impact of their giving will be a treasured family bonding experience you’ll remember forever. They’ll see how incredibly blessed they are and how important it is to be a generous and cheerful giver who blesses others.
Acts of Kindness
- Pay the clerk at the coffee store for the next person who walks up to the counter.
- Bring cookies to the volunteer firefighters in your community. Give someone a hug that needs one.
- Here are some coloring pages for your kids create and take to the hospitals and nursing homes to brighten someone’s day.
- Write a handwritten thank you card to let someone know how much they mean to you.
- Have older kids mentor younger kids in the schools or clubs.
- Bring someone a bouquet of fresh flowers for your yard.
You can give your time, serve, donate, help, encourage, teach, smile, and give. Be creative and come up with more fun and thoughtful ways to be generous as a family.
Source: brightpeak financial