Glowing Words Jar Kindness Tool
Persevering in kindness can be one of the most difficult things we have to do in life. We can’t think of a better thing to practice with our kids than persevering in love and service for their siblings. The Glowing Words Jar is a tool that you will want to use all year long.
What You Will Need:
- Glass Jar(s)
- Glow-in-the-dark paint (available at Walmart or your craft store)
- Paint brushes
- Glitter or other items to decorate the lid
- Print the Glowing Words Jar Cards
To Make Your Glowing Words Jar:
- Wash and dry your glass jars and their lids.
- Put a small amount of each color paint on a paper plate or piece of tinfoil.
- Dip the tip of the brush in the paint and make small dots on the inside of the jar randomly. (The more dots and colors of paint, the better the effect.)
- Set the jar in the sun to dry and “charge” the glow-in-the-dark paint.
- Decorate your lid with glitter or other craft items.
How to Use:
- Cut the Glowing Words Jar Cards and place in the jar.
- Every night have your child draw a card from their jar. There are 3 kinds of cards. Each type of card focuses on a different aspect of loving our siblings well.
- Question cards
- Service cards
- Encouragement cards
- Have your child complete whatever task they draw from the jar.
Mason Jar Firefly art courtesy of http://www.thecountrychiccottage.net/
© 2013 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.