How to Create a Football Date Night
Watching a football game on TV can be fun…and it can also be romantic. Yes, it can be! So turn on that TV, grab your husband, and use our tips below to create a football date night of your own. But don’t miss out on how you can make football fun for the whole family, too!
1. Plan a quarterback sneak. Okay, in this case you’re the quarterback and you’ll be orchestrating this whole football date night. So, well before the game starts get your plan ready to go so you can spring it on him once the clock starts ticking.
2. First quarter attack. Put your game plan into motion by going straight for his stomach. Score one for romance.
3. Up your game. Now that he’s fortified with snacks, suggest an extra-curricular game to keep things interesting. Something like this: Every time the announcer says, “referee” give each other a kiss, or choose another physical connection (we’ll let you fill in the blanks on this one).
4. Post-game celebration. Win or lose, you can still celebrate. Drop hints throughout the game to spark his interest in what you have planned for your sideline celebration.
5. All football, no fun. Okay, if your husband is really into the game, he actually might rebuff your efforts at throwing some romance into his man-time. If that’s the case, don’t take it personally. Instead, just use tip number 4 above to at least get him thinking about the possibilities of what you have to offer when time runs out on the field.
© 2013 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.