Articles by Dr. Gary J. Oliver
- Words That Could Save Your Marriage
- What kind of "Angry Mom" are you?
- What Can I Do About My Anger?
- The Physical Effects of Anger
- Six Myths About Men
- Real Love Involves Conflict and Anger
- Parental Power and Teens
- Love and Loss
- Losing my Valentine
- Keys to Parenting an Introvert
- Keys to Parenting an Extrovert
- Intimacy: What Is It?
- Intimacy: Developing Sexual Intimacy
- How to Master Worry
- How to Identify the Stressors in Your Life
- How to Accept a Child Who's Different
- How Close Are You to Losing It?
- How Angry is Your Child?
- Giving the gift of time
- Don't Ignore Your Anger
- Cultivating Intimacy
- Cultivating Healthy Anger in Your Marriage
- Constructive Steps for Dealing With Anger
- Bruce Moose and the What-Ifs
- Beyond Forgiveness -- Trust and Intimacy
- Be a Student of Your Child
- At The End, It's Relationships That Matter Most
- Are You Out of Control?
- Are you floating on the surface or diving deep in your marriage?
- Advice for Moms in the Dating World
- 7 Simple Steps Through Conflict To Intimacy
- 7 Important Reasons for Understanding Anger
- 6 Ways to Fall Out of Love with Your Husband
- 4 Ways to Avoid Being a Helicopter Parent
- 3 Steps to Take When You Feel Like Screaming
- 12 Insights for Healthy Conflict
- 10 Ways to Keep Calm and Carry On
Dr. Gary J. Oliver
Gary J. Oliver is a university and seminary professor, psychologist, author, Executive Director of the Center for Relationship Enrichment and Professor of Psychology and Practical Theology at John Brown University in Siloam Springs, Arkansas.
He received his B.A. from Biola University, an M.Div. from Talbot Theological Seminary, a Th.M. from Fuller Theological Seminary, and an M.A. and a Ph.D. in psychology from the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. He is a licensed clinical psychologist and a Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT). He has earned the Certified Family Life Educator (C.F.L.E.) diploma by The National Council on Family Relations.
Dr. Oliver has over 30 years experience in individual, premarital, marital and family counseling and for the past 20 years he has had an extensive nationwide teaching ministry with Promise Keepers and The American Association of Christian Counselors. In addition to his clinical experience, Dr. Oliver has over ten years experience serving on the staff of churches in California, Nebraska and Colorado. He is also Associate Professor and Program Director for the D. Min. in Marriage and Family Counseling at Denver Seminary.
Dr. Oliver has co-authored two books with his late wife, Carrie – Raising Sons…and Loving It! published by Zondervan and Mad About Us: Moving from Anger to Intimacy With Your Mate scheduled for publication by Bethany House in the Fall of 2007. He is also the author of over one hundred articles in national magazines and journals as well as co-author of ten books with H. Norman Wright including A Woman’s Forbidden Emotion and Fears, Doubts, Blues and Pouts. Dr. Oliver is the editor of the AACC publication Marriage and Family: A Christian Journal, a contributing editor for New Man Magazine, and a regular columnist in Marriage Partnership and Home Life magazines.
Dr. Oliver travels both nationally and internationally providing seminars and workshops on a variety of topics including marriage enrichment, parenting, brief therapy, and emotional intelligence. He resides in Siloam Springs, Arkansas.