Articles by Mark Merrill
- Top 10 Automatic Robo-Mom Replies to Avoid
- The Secret to Loving an Unlovable Spouse
- The Secret to Getting Your Kids to Obey You: Motive
- The Secret to Getting Your Kids to Obey You: Method
- The Secret to Getting Your Kids to Obey You: Be this Kind of Model
- The Meaning of True Love
- The Blessing FAQ's
- How to Create Boundaries for your Children
- A Sample Blessing for Your Child
- 8 Mistakes I've Made in Marriage
- 7 Ways to Have a Dream Marriage
- 7 Foundational Principles of Tried-and-True Discipline
- 5 Ways to Show Your Kids You Love and Validate Them
- 5 Reasons Your Child Should Work
- 5 Reasons Why Your Teen is Rebelling
- 4 Ways to Know if You Will Benefit from Marriage Counseling
- 4 Ways to Give your Spouse your Freshest and Best
- 4 Truths for Your Marriage
- 4 Steps to Marriage CPR
- 4 Steps to Choosing a Good Marriage Counselor
- 4 Reasons Moms Need to be “Controlling” Parents
- 4 Foundational Principles of Discipline
- 4 C's That Can Spell Catastrophe in Your Marriage
- 3 Ways to Rebuild Trust in Your Marriage
- 3 Ways to Have a Team Mindset in Marriage
- 3 Things Your Children Need from You
- 3 Secrets for Beating Loneliness in Your Marriage
- 23 Things I've Learned in 23 Years of Marriage
- 10 Things Husbands Want to Hear from their Wives
Mark Merrill is the founder and president of Family First, a widely respected national non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening the family. Family First promotes principles for building marriages and raising children through three successful programs. All Pro Dad helps men become better fathers through NFL seminars, school-based All Pro Dad’s Days, and AllProDad.com. Its newest initiative, iMOM, and resource rich website, iMOM.com, provide mothers of all ages with information, ideas and encouragement to help them grow wise, healthy, purpose-minded, relationally-focused children.
Mark is the host of the Family Minute with Mark Merrill, a national daily radio program that reaches 2,400,000 people each week. The broadcast is heard on mainstream stations in 44 states, as well as Canada, XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio and American Forces Network. He has appeared on NBC’s TODAY Show and on numerous ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC network affiliates and network radio programs including Prime Time America, NPR, CBS Radio and the Canadian Broadcasting Network. His comments and writings have appeared in many publications including USA Today, the Washington Times and Sports Illustrated.
As an energetic advocate for the family, Mark speaks at conferences and events for companies such as Chick-fil-A, The Melting Pot, JPMorganChase, and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. He also speaks at major events hosted by NFL teams, and at special engagements for dignitaries like former First Lady Laura Bush and Governor Jeb Bush.
Before founding Family First in 1991, Mark practiced law in Florida for seven years. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree as a Phi Beta Kappa in 1981 and his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Florida.
Mark, his wife Susan, have five children — Megan, Emily, Hannah Grace, Mark, Jr. and Grant — and live in Tampa.