11 Lies Moms Believe
I should never lose my temper with my children. I should always be the perfect wife. I don’t deserve a break. Those are some of the lies mothers tell themselves. Most of the lies have to do with our desire to be both a wonderful mom and a wonderful wife. Many of the lies have to do with “mombligations” we put on ourselves.
Moms sure can put a lot of pressure on themselves! Not only are we actually doing the work of being mothers and wives, we make our work more stressful and less joyful by believing lies about how the work "must" be done. See if you fallen for any of these lies we believe:
- I must be cheerful for my family at all times.
- I must never admit I'm having a hard day.
- I must focus on my kids 24/7.
- I am only as good as the size of my jeans.
- I must make every meal healthy, tasty, and special.
- I must make every day fun for my family.
- I cannot go to bed until all of my "mom work" is done.
- I must get everything "right" with my kids or they will be ruined.
- I must keep my house pretty close to spotless.
- I must say yes to every school or volunteer request.
- I must berate myself when I fall short of these obligations.
- 5 Mom Mistakes it’s Okay to Make
- 10 Things That Don’t Determine a Mom’s Value
- 4 Ways to Show Yourself Grace
- 51 Things Not to Feel Guilty About
Pillow Talk: End your day talking with your child.
Want to have a picnic on a pretty day? What should we pack?
© 2013 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
comments powered by Disqus