7 Ways to Make Your House Smell like Cinnamon Rolls
Mom, you set the tone for the feel of your home. Imagine that a happy home smells like cinnamon rolls baking, while a house filled with tension and anger smells like rotten eggs. It’s pretty obvious which one is better. So, here are 10 ways to make your house smell like cinnamon rolls baking. (And, here’s a recipe for easy cinnamon rolls!)
1. Fill it with love. You can’t really taste or smell love, but you know when it’s there. Tell your children you love them every chance you get. Let them see you and your husband exchanging words of love and affection. Let every action you take and every word you say first go through the filter of love. That doesn’t mean we never say a harsh word or discipline our children; it does mean we let love be our motivator, even in those situations.
2. Fill it with kindness. Kindness is love’s companion. Look for ways to show kindness to your children, beyond the million or so things you do for them each day! Praise them when you see them being kind. Expect them to be kind to their siblings and have a zero-tolerance policy for unkindness.
3. Fill it with patience. An impatient outburst is one of the fastest ways to go from the sweet smell of cinnamon rolls to the stinky smell of rotten eggs. Remember that as the day gets longer, our patience usually gets shorter. So prepare yourself to dig deep at dinner time and bed time when you want to snap at your kids and husband, and find a little bit more patience.
4. Fill it with fun. A fun house is often a joyful house. Try to break out of your mundane routines and inject fun into your day. Play games together. Tell jokes. Look for opportunities to laugh.
5. Fill it with forgiveness. There is sweetness in forgiveness given freely. Everybody makes mistakes. When those mistakes are unforgiven; bitterness and shame fill the air.
6. Fill it with encouragement. Encouragement gives our children the boost they need to take on new challenges and conquer them. Encouragement makes our home a place where our children and husband can refuel to face the world.
7. Fill it with the smell of real cinnamon rolls baking! Not much can compare to the aroma of freshly baking cinnamon rolls, bread, or a delicious dinner. Here’s a super easy cinnamon roll recipe to fill your home with smells that will go straight to the stomach and the heart!
©2011iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
comments powered by Disqus