iMOM » Mom Life » Family Fun » 14 Fun Weekend Family Activities
comments powered by Disqus
14 Fun Weekend Family Activities
- High School Sporting Event: Go to a local high school football, basketball or any other game. Games will usually cost anywhere up to $5 and are sometimes even free for kids! To make this even more fun, collect plastic bottles and any cardboard/poster board to make signs and noisemakers to cheer your team on.
- Mystery Trip: Take the kids on a mystery trip. Give them clues about your destination as you get closer. It can be something as simple as an ice cream shop or a playground, or a trip to a museum or amusement park. The possible destinations are endless- just make it a surprise!
- Family Theater: Put your child in the spotlight and put on a family play. You can make this as simple or detailed as you want by creating costumes, props, tickets, and maybe even some yummy refreshments. This is also a great opportunity to record a home video!
- The Family Restaurant: Let your children prepare a meal and serve it to you and your husband restaurant style. This is a great way for them to have fun in the kitchen and a memorable experience for everyone!
- Gardening 101: Plant flowers (indoors in a flower pot or outside). Let your child pick out what kind of flower he or she wants to plant and teach them how to take care of it.
- Be Our Guest: Get to know the family of one of your child's friends by having the family over for a cookout.
- Picture Perfect: Let your kids take photos, print them, and make a photo album- then have the kids think of captions. Photo albums are easy, fun, and serve as a great keepsake!
- Scavenger Hunt: Have a fun, free scavenger hunt. You can make up fun clues and even have a prize at the end! If you aren't too sure where to start, look up some ideas on the internet to get you going.
- Bike Ride: Go on a bike ride that ends with a picnic. Map your route before you leave, choosing new and interesting destinations each week. This day will be full of fun, food, and great exercise!
- Spa Day: (girls only!) Have a spa hour- paint each other's nails, do your hair, and let them put makeup on you. To make your spa day even better, wear bath robes and put on some soothing tunes!
- Obstacle Course: Build an obstacle course and let each family member compete for the best time. You can even make certificates or medals for everyone.
- Garage Sale: Have a garage sale and let your kids decide how to spend the proceeds on a family day. Who says you can't have fun and tidy up the garage at the same time?
- Secret Serving: Plan a secret surprise for someone in need. For example, cook a meal for someone or mow their lawn without them knowing who did it.
- Back Yard Camping: Tell ghost stories, look at the stars, and enjoy some yummy s'mores all in the comfort of your very own back yard.
© 2011 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
comments powered by Disqus