No-Sweat Camping Checklist
Camping can be a great family activity if you keep it simple. Plan ahead and keep the menu super-basic so you'll have more time to play! Borrow the big-ticket items you don't have (like a tent, chairs, or extra sleeping bags) to save cash.
- Sleeping Bags
- Portable chairs
- A couple of garbage bags to keep your campsite clean
- Flashlights and batteries
- Lighter and kindling to start your campfire
- Recreational equipment like bikes or swim gear (check the playtime opportunities near your campsite to know what you'll need).
- If your campsite has no running water, bring a couple of gallons just for hand-washing and tooth-brushing.
- Hand sanitizer
- Cooler filled with ice, drinks, pre-made sandwiches, wieners and other great Campfire Cookout meals.
- Non-perishable snacks like crackers, granola bars, and of course, your graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate bars for s'mores!
- Easy breakfast items like cereal bars.
- A few wire coat hangers to reconfigure for roasting marshmallows, s'mores making and wiener-roasting sticks.
- Paper plates and napkins
- One seasonally appropriate change of clothing per person
- Shoes suited for hiking, biking, etc.
- Light jackets—sometimes the nights feel chilly after a hot day outdoors!
- Swim wear and towels, if needed
© 2010 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
comments powered by Disqus