Time: 10 Ways to Make Time for Your Children
1. Commit to a family mealtime each day.
2. Write your children's activities into your schedule book - in ink!
3. Identify one thing on your weekly schedule you can do without and replace it with kid time.
4. Take one of your children along when you run errands.
5. Volunteer to participate in a regularly scheduled child activity, such as coaching a softball team or helping with a school activity.
6. Identify one children's show on TV that you secretly like to watch and make a point of watching it with your child.
7. Develop an interest in a hobby you and your child can enjoy together.
8. If your work requires that you travel, take one of your children along with you when your business trip can be extended into a long weekend.
9. If your work schedule is flexible, start your work day earlier so you can get home earlier in the afternoon to be with your family.
10. Leave your work, cellular phones and pagers at home when you go on family vacations and outings.
Taken with permission from AllProDad.com.
© 2007 iMom. All rights reserved
blog comments powered by Disqus