Stress: Decompress in 10 Minutes or Less
1. Go for a walk. Sounds simple, but it works.
2. Have the kids take a book break. Tell them to read or look at books for 10 minutes while you do something relaxing too. Set a timer they can hear so they don't keep asking you "how much longer?"
3. Grab one of your children's coloring books and color. Again, sounds simple and a little silly, but it will distract you from your stress.
4. Write down what you need to do. Sometimes having things on paper makes them seem more manageable.
5. Sip a cup of tea—not while cleaning, standing or talking on the phone—sit down and savor it.
6. If your husband is willing, have him give you a 5-minute massage, then give him one too.
7. Call someone to cheer them up. Giving reduces stress.
8. Lie down on your bed. Close your eyes and visualize your perfect vacation. Smell the smells, taste the foods, hear the sounds of your perfect setting.
10. Take a hot shower or bath. Lock the door so you can have some privacy.
© 2011 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
blog comments powered by Disqus