11 Ways to be the Meanest Mom Around
Are you a member of the “Mean Mom” Club? My kids say I’ve definitely earned my membership! Here’s how I did it: I wouldn’t let them have a Coke last week on a school night. Caffeine and early bedtimes don’t mix. My next mean mom moment? We were the first ones to leave an evening pool party; again, on a school night. Everyone else got to stay late. And, finally, I was one mean mom when I wouldn’t let my son have cookies for breakfast. Mean!
A mean mom…
- Tries to get her kids to bed on time on school nights.
- Limits the amount of caffeine, sugar and processed foods her children consume.
- Limits the amount of time her kids spend watching TV, playing video games and surfing the net.
- Is true to her word. If she says, "You can't watch TV until your room is clean." then you can't watch TV until your room is clean.
- Knows where her kids are at all times—including her teenagers.
- Insists on knowing who her kids are hanging out with.
- Demands that her children show respect to their teachers and other adults.
- Expects her children to do their best.
- Screens the movies and music her children want to see and hear.
- Disciplines her children, even when it breaks her heart.
- Knows that being "mean" will benefit her children in the long run.
Do you think of me as a mean mom or a nice mom? Do moms need to be mean sometimes?
© 2010 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
comments powered by Disqus