Greetings: The Top 10 Ways Not to Greet Your Child
How do you like to be greeted? Doesn't it make you feel good and secure when someone gives you their full attention and an enthusiastic greeting? Well think about how your children feel when they see you in the morning, after school, or when you pick them up from an activity. At these times, loving communication is key.
So, here are the top 10 ways not to greet your child:
- You're on the phone
- You're texting
- You're on your computer
- You're checking your calendar
- Asking what homework they have
- Correcting them as soon as you see them
- Bringing up something they recently did wrong
- Not making eye contact with them
- Not smiling at them
- Letting your bad mood make you grouchy with them
© 2010 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
blog comments powered by Disqus