Can't Fail Crepes
If you've never tried to make crepes at home, you've gotta' try these! They really are delicious, simple and a nice change from pancakes and waffles. Serve them with syrup, melted chocolate, or fruit, rolled inside.
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup milk
½ cup water
1 teaspoon anise or almond flavoring (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Use a mixer, or whisk, to get out all of the lumps. Batter should be very thin.
- Spray a medium-sized skillet or pan with cooking spray and set to medium/low heat.
- Pour, or scoop batter onto pan, letting it spread out into a circle.
- It will cook quickly! When the edges look set (don't wait for bubbling, as you do with pancakes), flip over.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Optional topping: whipped cream, melted chocolate, strawberries, or blueberries.
The anise really gives them a wonderful flavor. If you don't care for anise, you can use other flavorings like almond or vanilla extract. Even if you leave out the flavoring, the crepes will still be delicious.
These freeze very well. Wrap two or three crepes in wax paper and place in plastic bags. When ready to serve, remove from bag but keep in wax paper, and place on plate in microwave.
Heat for 30 seconds at a time until desired temperature is reached.
*Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff.