iMOM » Recipes » Breakfast » Eggs in a Cup
Eggs in a Cup
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar)
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grease 4 wells of a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a frying pan, cook bacon about 3-5 minutes, until partially cooked but not completely crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Cut out rounds of bread with a round cookie cutter or drinking glass. Place bacon in “X” shape over the bread. Flip the bread and bacon, so bacon is on bottom of backing cup and . press bacon and bread rounds into the greased muffin wells. Sprinkle a small amount of shredded cheese on top of each piece of bread. One at a time, crack an egg, removing about half of the white, and dropping the remaining white and yolk over each piece of bread, being careful not to break the yolks.
- Bake until eggs are cooked through to your liking (about 10-12 minutes) and bacon is crispy. Run a knife around the edge of each muffin well and pop the egg cups out. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately.
- You can add the bacon on top of the bread instead of on the side
- Instead of making cheese on top of bread, sprinkle cheese on top of eggs.
*Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff.