Scrumptious Sticky Buns
Preheat oven to 350oF.
- 1 roll of frozen dough (we use Bridgeford brand)
- 1.5c of packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 stick of butter
- 1Tbs butter, melted
- 1/4c of honey
- 2.5c of pecans (optional)
- 2t ground cinnamon
- Butter a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Bring 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 stick of butter, and honey to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from heat and stir in pecans, if desired.
- Pour the hot syrup into the baking pan and spread it evenly. Let cool.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the thawed dough to a 16x12 in. rectangle.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Starting from a long side of the dough, roll the dough into a cylinder shape.
- Cut crosswise into 8 slices.
- Arrange the slices, cut side down, in the prepared, foil lined pan.
- Cover with oiled plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature until doubled in volume (1 hour).
- Bake until the buns are golden brown and the syrup is bubbling hot ( 30 minutes).
- Let the buns cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert the pan onto a rimmed baking sheet
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 8 (4 in. buns)
Make Ahead Note:
After dough has risen in step 11, wrap and freeze. Allow to thaw before baking.
Here are some easy Freezing Tips and more Make Ahead recipes!
Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff.