iMOM » Recipes » Dessert » Baked Donut Holes
Baked Donut Holes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick salted butter, melted
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, or 1 cup sugar plus 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat oil, sugar and egg whites until light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla and milk. Gradually add sifted flour, baking powder and salt to sugar mixture.
- Lightly coat small muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray and fill 2/3 full with batter (don’t overfill or your holes will look more like muffins). Bake until golden, 15-18 minutes.
- Remove donut holes from the oven. Let them cool slightly so they are safe to handle, and then brush them with butter and roll them in the topping of your choice.
Photo credit: Feastie.com
© 2012 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.