Preheat oven to 375 for apple filling, then reduce to 350 for tart baking.
- 1 can crescent rolls
- Wax paper
- 1 tbsp flour
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- ½ C sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- Lemon juice
- 2 C pecans, chopped
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- Mix together pecans, butter, and sugar. Set aside.
- Ready a bowl with lemon juice and water. Core and peel apples.
- Use bowl to place peeled apples while you are working on slicing. This will keep the apples from browning.
- Slice apples into ½ inch thickness.
- Toss apples with sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt.
- Place in a baking dish, cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes.
Short on Time? Use prepackaged apple slices found in the refrigerated section of your produce department. Just peel and slice.
- In a 10x2 loaf pan, lay out 2 crescent rolls and pinch the seams to form bottom crust.
- Layer with apple filling. Use wax paper and flour to lay out 2 crescent rolls and pinch the seams.
- Place over apple filling. Layer with pecan filling/topping. Use wax paper and flour to lay out 2 crescent rolls and pinch the seams.
- Place over pecan filling/topping. Layer with apple filling. Use wax paper and flour to lay out 2 crescent rolls and pinch the seams.
- Place over apple filling. Layer with pecan filling/topping.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- To crisp the pecan topping, broil for 2 minutes.
- 1 stick and 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 C confectioner's sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Hot water
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Add vanilla.
- Wisk in ½ C confectioner's sugar at a time working together the sugar and butter.
- Add hot water 1 tbsp at a time until mixture is smooth. Keep warm until service.
- Drizzle over cut serving.
Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 90 minutes
Recipes compiled by iMOM Staff.