Fourth of July Trifle
A trifle is a layered dessert that is easy to make, pretty to look at and great to taste! This trifle uses blueberries and strawberries to help celebrate the Fourth of July.
Before you start, find a pretty glass bowl that has some height to allow for layering.
- 2 (8 or 9 inch) white cake layers, baked and cooled (or use store-bought pound cake)
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (or use ready-made whipped cream)
- 2 T sugar
- Rinse berries and reserve some for top of dessert.
- Slice strawberries, sprinkle them with sugar and mix well.
- Combine pudding mix with milk and mix until smooth.
- Cut the cake into 1-inch cubes.
- Use half of the cake cubes to line the bottom of a large glass bowl. Layer one-third of the strawberries followed by one-third of the blueberries, and one-third of the pudding. Repeat layers in the same order. Finish with a layer of cake cubes.
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream and sugar to stiff peaks and spread over top of trifle.
- Decorate the top of the trifle with strawberries and blueberries.
Recipe compiled by iMOM staff.