Great American Flag Cake
This cake can be super simple, or a little more involved. It depends on if you use a boxed cake mix, or make your cake from scratch. Either way, the decorating part of this recipe is fun and kid-friendly. Add to this delicious recipe with our 4th Of July Trivia game!
- 1 Pint sized container of Blueberries
- 2 Quart sized containers of Strawberries, cut in half or quartered
- 1 Large sized container of whipped topping, or 2 containers of white icing
- 1 or 2 boxes of Yellow Cake Mixes or your own cake recipe ( depending on how large you would like your cake)
- Wash and rinse berries in a colander.
- Prepare Strawberries by cutting them in half, or leaving them whole. Use whatever shape works best for your design.
- Prepare cake mixes and bake in a rectangular pan, per package instructions.
- Let your cake cool. You can remove the cake from the pan and place it on a platter, or decorate and serve it from the pan.
- Ice your cake with whipped cream or icing.
- Arrange your blueberries. If you want to be realistic, use 50 berries for the 50 stars on the flag. There are 13 stripes on the flag, so you can make your strawberry pieces small to achieve this.
Recipe compiled by iMOM staff.