iMOM » Recipes » Dessert » Pumpkin Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3 cups – all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup (1 ½) sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 box (16 oz.) confectioners' sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Orange decorating sugar
- Pretzel sticks and rods
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt together until well blended; set aside.
- Beat sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, pumpkin puree, and eggs in a large bowl on low speed for 2 minutes or until combined.
- Add flour mixture and beat for 2 more minutes or until just combined.
- Divide batter among liners, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake at 350° for about 12 minutes for the minis, 18 minutes for the regulars and 26 minutes for the jumbos, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in a large bowl on high for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk and beat until smooth and a good spreading consistency, 2 minutes.
- Mound the frosting on top of cupcakes and make rounded.
- Roll the entire cupcake in the sugar to coat or roll just edges in sugar.
- Add pretzel sticks or rods as stems.
Skill Level: Medium
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Recipe compiled by iMOM staff.