iMOM » Recipes » Dessert » Flourless Chocolate Cake
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 12 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ sticks butter, diced
- 6 eggs, separated
- 12 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- Butter a 9-inch springform pan, then line the bottom with parchment paper. Butter the paper too.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a small pot over low heat to melt. Remove from the heat and cool to lukewarm.
- Beat the egg yolks and 6 Tablespoons of sugar together until thick and pale (3 minutes).
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the yolk mixture, then fold in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl with clean and dry beaters, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold the whites into the chocolate mixture in 2 different additions.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes until the top is puffed and cracked, with a tester that comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Gently press down the crusty top, remove the pan. Invert the cake onto a plate and enjoy!
Recipe compiled by iMOM staff.