iMOM » Recipes » Dessert » Luscious Lemon Bars
Luscious Lemon Bars
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups + 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a medium bowl, blend together softened butter, 2 cups flour and ½ cup sugar.
- Press crumble mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9”x13” pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and golden.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining 1½ cups sugar and ¼ cup flour.
- Whisk together the eggs and slowly add the lemon juice (remember to keep whisking, so the eggs won’t curdle).
- Combine wet mixture with dry ingredients then pour over the baked crust.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes in the preheated oven. The bars will firm up as they cool.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
Make Ahead Note:
Once bars have cooled completely, wrap well and freeze. When you are ready to eat, allow to thaw and add topping.
Here are some easy Freezing Tips and more Make Ahead recipes!
Recipe compiled by iMOM staff.