iMOM » Recipes » Dessert » Pound Cake
- ½ pound butter
- 3 c sugar
- 3 c cake flour
- 1 c sour cream
- ½ t baking soda
- 1 t vanilla
- 6 eggs, separated
- Pre-heat oven to 300°F. Grease and flour tube pan.
- Whip egg whites, until fluffy and softly peaked – stop before they become stiff.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Blend flour and baking soda.
- Add 6 egg yolks.
- Alternately blend in combination of cake flour and soda, with sour cream.
- Add vanilla.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake at 300°F for one a half hours.
Make Ahead Note:
After baking, cool, remove from pan, and freeze pound cake. Thaw and serve.
Here are some easy Freezing Tips and more Make Ahead recipes!
Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff.