iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta
Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 10-oz packages of frozen cauliflower, or 1 large head cauliflower, cored, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herb blend, or mix of dried oregano and basil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 14-oz box pasta, cooked and drained
- Steam or boil cauliflower until very soft.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the garlic cloves in the olive oil over low heat. Do not brown the garlic.
- Add water, dried herbs, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil and remove from heat to cool.
- After pan ingredients have cooled, place them and cauliflower in blender and puree until very smooth.
- Return blender mixture to pan over low heat, and quickly stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese until creamy.
- Serve over cooked pasta.
RECENT RECIPEScomments powered by Disqus