iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Chicken Fingers Dinner
Chicken Fingers Dinner
Crunchy Cornflake Chicken Fingers and Glazed Mini Carrots
- 3 cups cornflake cereal
- 4 boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¼ tsp. ground sage
- ½ cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- Your Favorite dipping sauce
- 3 cups baby carrots
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a zip-style gallon-sized plastic bag, add cornflake cereal. Seal the bag and use your palms to crush the flakes to a medium fine consistency. (Kids will love helping with this step!)
- To the crushed flakes, add the flour, paprika, onion powder, sage and salt and pepper to taste. Reseal and shake to combine ingredients.
- Pour milk into shallow bowl.
- Coat chicken strips in milk, and one at a time, drop it in the bag of crushed cornflakes and shake until chicken is well coated with cereal mixture. (Kids will love helping with this step, but make sure they thoroughly wash their hands after handling raw poultry!)
- Place coated chicken on ungreased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear.
Directions for Glazed Mini Carrots:
- In a large skillet, combine carrots, water, honey, butter and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Cover and cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- Serve as side dish
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Recipes compiled by iMOM Staff.