iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Easy Chicken Enchiladas
Easy Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (or, frozen chicken breasts, or chicken from one rotisserie chicken)
- 12 (10 inch) flour tortillas (wheat, if your children will eat them)
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jar green enchilada sauce or red salsa
- Prepare your chicken in various ways:
- Boil It: In a pot with enough water to cover, boil the chicken 25 minutes, or until juices run clear. Drain, cool, and shred.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla with equal amounts of chicken and cheese, reserving 1/4 cup cheese for topping. Roll tortillas to form enchiladas. Arrange enchiladas in the prepared baking dish. Cover with the enchilada sauce.
- Bake enchiladas 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Top with reserved cheese, and continue baking 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
*Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff.