iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Gooey Cheese Toast
Gooey Cheese Toast
This is a fast, easy treat that kids love. Serve it with a side of our baked apples. For a more grown-up taste, add fresh basil leaves.
- Loaf of French bread, or other long loaf
- Cheese slices, preferably Swiss or Provolone
- Butter or butter spread
- Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Heat cast iron skillet or other stove top pan to medium.
- Slice loaf in half and cut into 5” pieces. Butter inside of bread and place buttered side face down on pan, and allow to slightly brown. While bread is browning, butter side of bread that is facing up on pan.
- Turn bread over and place cheese on browned side of bread, allowing to melt. Flatten the bread and cheese by pressing with a warmed spatula, so cheese does not stick. If desired, top melted cheese with basil leaves and serve.
Make it a Meal With: