iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Baked “Fried” Chicken in a Bag
Baked “Fried” Chicken in a Bag
This is a delicious, easier, and less messy alternative to frying chicken in a fryer or skillet. But, it still tastes like fried chicken – yum!
- 3 pounds chicken, cut into pieces (you can also use skinless chicken)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sage (if you don't have sage on hand, the recipe will still work)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish in the pre-heated oven.
- Mix flour, salt, paprika, sage and pepper together in a large Ziploc type bag. Add chicken parts to bag and shake until well coated.
- Place chicken in the baking dish skin side down and bake for 20 minutes. Turn pieces and bake another 20 minutes until tender and juices run clear.
*Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff