iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Barbecued Pulled Chicken
Barbecued Pulled Chicken
- 4 lbs chicken breast
- Hamburger buns
- Cole Slaw (optional)
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper rub over chicken.
- Combine vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, mustard, garlic salt and cayenne stir to mix well. Drizzle 1/4 of vinegar mixture over chicken. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinegar mixture.
- Cover cook on Low 10 to 12 hours or on High 5 to 6 hours.
- Use the remaining vinegar mixture to baste the chicken several times throughout the cooking process. If you don't have time to baste the chicken, then you can always pour the entire vinegar mixture over the chicken prior to cooking!
- Remove meat and drain. Chop or shred meat.
Serve meat and onions on buns. If desired, top sandwiches with coleslaw.
Recipes compiled by iMOM Staff.