iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs + 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1¼ lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2+2/3 cups cubed, cooked breast meat)
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup minced celery
- 2½ tsp minced parsley
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- 8 slices home-style white bread
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, 2 tsp of the lemon juice, peppercorns, ½ tsp salt, and thyme.
- Add the chicken breasts and enough water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off any scum that rises to the surface with a slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow the chicken to cool in the liquid for 45 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cool transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop. Discard poaching liquid. Transfer the chicken to a mixing bowl and add the mayonnaise, the remaining 2 tsp of lemon juice, celery, parsley, remaining ¼ tsp of salt, and white pepper. Use a wooden spoon to stir until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the chicken salad among 4 slices of bread, about 2/3 cup per sandwich. Top with another slice of bread and serve immediately.
Options to add to salad:
- Minced scallions
- Chopped fresh dill or tarragon
- Celery seeds
- Sweet pickle relish
- Toasted walnuts or pecans
- Grape halves
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Recipes compiled by iMOM Staff.