iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Chow Down Chili
Chow Down Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ cup chili powder
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown and crumbled. Drain grease off of the meat.
- In a large pot, over high heat, combine the cooked ground beef and the remaining ingredients and then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 1½ hours. (Note: If using a slow cooker, set on low, add ingredients, and cook for 8 to 10 hours.)
Make Ahead Note:
Allow to cool. Always use freezer safe zip plastic bags or containers (allow room for expansion).
Here are some easy freezing tips and more Make Ahead recipes!
*Recipe compiled by iMOM staff.