Healthier Fish Tacos
What makes these tacos healthier is the addition of shredded veggies. Get creative and let your kids choose their favorites to include. The next time you're at the grocery store, take them down the produce aisle and let them select any vegetable they want. Tell them that you'll grate the vegetable and include it in the tacos.
- 6 Tilapia (or other fish) filets, or 4 skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- 6 corn or flour tortillas
- ½ head green cabbage, shredded
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped onions
- Chopped carrots
- 1 cup grated cheese (use a cheese your kids will eat!)
- Cut the fish or chicken into chunks and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat pan and add olive oil and chopped garlic.
- When the oil is hot add the fish or chicken and cook until done.
- Warm tortillas on a skillet or in the microwave
- Add fish or chicken, chopped green cabbage, tomatoes, onions, carrots, cheese and garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Squeeze lime juice on tacos and add salt.
*Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff