iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Spaghetti Sauce
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2.5 lb Italian sweet/mild sausage
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 (28 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of Hunts petite diced fire roasted tomatoes with garlic
- Olive oil
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 lb (16 oz) spaghetti pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Take the Italian sausage meat out of the sausage casings; break up into pieces.
- Brown the sausage meat in a large skillet on medium high or high heat with a little olive oil.
- Pour meat into the Slow Cooker.
- Leave grease in pan and sauté the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent.
- If you would like a little spice to your sauce add red pepper.
- Purée the tomatoes in a blender (you can skip this step if you like your sauce chunky) and pour over meat in the slow cooker.
- Add onion mix to the slow cooker and stir onion, meat and tomatoes.
- Season sauce with salt to taste.
- Cover and cook for 4 - 6 hours on low.
- Cook pasta as directed for as many servings as needed and serve sauce over pasta with parmesan cheese.
Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff.