iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Pot Roast Dinner
Pot Roast Dinner
- 5 lbs Pot Roast
- 1 can Cream of Garlic Mushroom Soup
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 packet Lipton® Onion Soup Mix
- 1 ½ cups baby carrots
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup vegetable shortening (butter-flavored Crisco works best)
- ⅔ cup milk
Directions for Pot Roast:
- Place the roast in your slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine both cans of soup (do not add water) and soup mix.
- Smother roast with mix.
- Add baby carrots to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours OR place roast, soup mixture and carrots in oven bag, in a 250 degree oven for 6 hours.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 Hours
Directions for Biscuits:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease 1 (8-inch) cake pan or pie plate.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cream of tartar, and sugar.
- Cut the shortening into the flour with two knives or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the milk all at once and stir just until the dough forms a ball around a fork (don't over mix or you'll have tough biscuits).
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead 14 times.
- Pat gently until 1 to 1 ½ inches thick.
- Cut into rounds with a biscuit cutter or drinking glass.
- Place biscuit rounds in the cake pan or pie plate touching each other.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden.
Recipes compiled by iMOM Staff.