iMOM » Recipes » Main Dish » Spaghetti Dinner
- 2.5 lb Italian sweet/mild sausage
- 2 (28 oz) can of petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of Hunt's Fire Roasted Tomatoes Diced w/ Garlic®
- 3 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 lb (16 oz) spaghetti pasta
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove the casings from the sausage, and break into smaller pieces
- In a large skillet, heat a scant amount of olive oil and brown the sausage over medium high heat until brown and crumbled.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer browned meat into Slow Cooker.
- Using the reserved drippings from the sausage, sauté the onions and garlic until translucent, then remove from heat.
- If you would like a little spice to your sauce, add red pepper – transfer onion mix to slow cooker.
- Purée the tomatoes in a blender (you can skip this step if you like your sauce chunky) and pour over meat in the slow cooker.
- Season sauce with salt to taste.
- Cover and cook for 4 - 6 hours on low.
- In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and Serve sauce over pasta. Top with parmesan cheese if desired.
Suggested Sides: Side Salad and Garlic Bread
Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff.