iMOM » Recipes » Sides » Hawaiian Fruit Salad
Hawaiian Fruit Salad
- 1 whole fresh pineapple
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1½ cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1½ cups green grapes, halved
- 1¼ cups piña-colada flavored or vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- ¼ - ½ tsp coconut or vanilla extract
- Stand the pineapple upright and vertically cut a third from one side, leaving the leaves attached. Set cut piece aside. Using a paring or grapefruit knife, remove strips of pineapple from large section, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; discard core. Cut strips into bite-size chunks. Invert shell onto paper towels to drain.
- Remove fruit from the small pineapple piece and cut into chunks; discard peel. Place shell in a serving basket or bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the pineapple chunks, oranges, strawberries and grapes. Combine the yogurt, 1/4 cup coconut and extract; spoon over fruit and stir gently. Spoon into pineapple shell. Sprinkle with remaining coconut.