iMOM » Recipes » Sides » Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
Cheesy Smashed Potatoes
- 2-2¼ lbs baby Yukon gold potatoes, salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz (1 cup) sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbs chopped or snipped chives
- 3 Tbs chopped scallions
- Cut potatoes in half and place in a pot. Cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil. When the water boils, add 2 big pinches of salt; boil potatoes 15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and return them to the hot.
- Smash potatoes with a masher and combine with sour cream and cheese. When cheese melts into potatoes, add chives, salt, and pepper, and re-smash. Taste the potatoes and adjust seasonings.
Skill Level: Easy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Recipes compiled by iMOM staff.