Easy Bread Machine Bread
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups bread flour (you can also use all-purpose flour, in a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast
- Place the water and oil in the pan of the bread machine.
- Pour flour, sugar and salt into pan.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients, being careful not to go so deep as to "hit" the liquid ingredients.
- Pour yeast into well.
- Set timer on bread machine and hit start when ready.
Helpful hint #1: If the room temperature is too low, the bread will not rise properly. It will still be edible, just dense.
Helpful hint #2: If you want to use wheat flour, substitute it for half of the flour amount. (It won't taste as good, but it will still be homemade.)
Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff.