iMOM » Recipes » Sides » Stand Out Squash Casserole
Stand Out Squash Casserole
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 35 buttery round crackers (like Ritz), crushed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in ¼ cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9"x13" inch baking dish. (If freezing, omit the cracker step until ready to bake and serve.) Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff.