iMOM » Recipes » Sides » Sweet and Cozy Baked Apples
Sweet and Cozy Baked Apples
A tasty apple side that’s not too sour and not too sweet!
- 6 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large baking apples (Gala work best)
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine raisins, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg (nuts optional) in a bowl. Core apples, making a 1” size well, being careful not to puncture the bottom. Fill apples with brown sugar mixture and place, skin side down, in an ungreased baking dish. Top each apple with a small pat of butter.
- Pour water into baking dish, just enough to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Make it a Meal With: