iMOM » Recipes » Slow Cooker » Apple Crispy
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (you can use whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cups peeled Granny Smith (or other baking apples) apples cut into large chunks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Mix together first six topping ingredients. Cut butter into the mixture using knife and fork or pastry cutter. Mixture should be coarse. Stir in walnuts and set aside.
Begin mixing filling ingredients. Combine white sugar, cornstarch, ginger, and cinnamon.
Place the apples in a slow cooker, stir in the cornstarch mixture; toss with lemon juice. Sprinkle topping over apple mixture.
Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4 hours, until apples are tender.
At the end of the cooking time, remove slow cooker lid partially, about 1 hour, to crisp the topping.
Recipe compiled by iMOM staff.