Sweet Sugared Pecans
A tasty treat to give, and a fun and easy treat to make!
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a baking sheet. (You may prefer to line your baking sheet with parchment for easier clean-up.)
- In a bowl, beat the egg white until foamy.
- Mix in cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, salt and water. Mix well.
- Stir in pecan halves until well-coated.
- Spread in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring every fifteen minutes.
This recipe can be easily multiplied for baking large batches for holiday gifts. Just don't overload your baking pan, or your pecans won't achieve the nice, toasty crunch you want.
*Recipe compiled by iMOM Staff