Thanksgiving Activities for the Whole Family
Who says celebrating being thankful has to be as bland as green bean casserole? Not us! Thanksgiving is all about traditions, old and new. So if you’re looking to spread the gratitude and start something fresh in your home this Thanksgiving, iMOM’s Thanksgiving activities provide the perfect place to start.
We have fun activities for the little ones (that the not-so-little will love too) and activities that will give you a refresher course on the first Thanksgiving. And if you struggle to find the words to express yourself, there are printable prayers and activities to help tell the ones you love that you’re grateful to have them in your life.
Thanksgiving prep starts way before Thanksgiving Day, so why not kick off the gratitude early with our 8 Days of Being Thankful printable? You can create a Gratitude Tree and use the dots as ornaments. All the people who come over for dinner will love finding their ornament.
Feeling stressed around the holidays?
- Get organized with our 7 Week Holiday Planner.
- Get the kids to chip in with Holiday Helper Cards.
- Teach the kids how to set a formal place setting with this handy chart.
- Want your husband to pitch in more? Slide him this note from All Pro Dad.
The best Thanksgiving activities are ones that help you love your family. So get the kids primed for turkey, stuffing, and pie with our Thanksgiving Lunchbox Notes. Start stuffing their brown bags a week before Thanksgiving with a note to say, “I love you” in turkey talk (Hint: It’s “gobble, gobble!”).
Need a reminder of how much you have to be thankful for?
- 99 Things to Be Thankful for About Your Children and
- 99 Things You Might Be Thankful for About Your Husband will put everything back into perspective.
To keep little fingers from sneaking bites, print our Thanksgiving Scavenger Hunt and send the kids on an exploration, pilgrim-style. The final clue even leads them to the dinner table!
Add more love to the celebration!
- Check out these last-minute ideas for getting everything on the table.
- Here are some games and memory making activities that take little to no prep.
Prayer and Pilgrim Activities
Not sure what to say for a Thanksgiving dinner blessing? We don’t blame you. There’s a lot of pressure! Here are 15 Thanksgiving Prayers. You can even use some as place cards.
Get all your pilgrims in the Thanksgiving mood!
- Let the kids read George Washington’s Thanksgiving Proclamation in their best 1789 accent.
- Formally declare what your family is grateful for with our Declaration of Gratefulness!
- iMOM’s Thanksgiving Story Cards teach history and celebrate gratitude
After dinner, when you need to get the kids’ bodies moving to burn off that pumpkin pie energy, try our Autumn Charades for a challenge and a laugh. It’s a great activity for little kids and grandparents to do together.
What’s your family’s favorite thing to do on Thanksgiving (besides eat, of course)?