Watermelon Fun for Kids
Sure they’re delicious to eat, but they’re also ripe for fun. Try these sweet ideas for watermelon games and more!
1. Watermelon Eating Contest. Find out who can eat two slices of watermelon the fastest. Hint: This is a great activity for poolside, since there will be lots of juice on the eaters!
2. Watermelon Seed Spitting Competition. See who can spit out the most seeds in a set amount of time, or who can spit a seed the farthest.
4. Watermelon Polo. It’s a guaranteed source of crazy entertainment. Use baby oil or vegetable oil to grease up a large watermelon, and then throw it in the center of the pool. Blow a whistle, and then have two teams enter a swimming pool. The teams then kick, push or swim with the watermelon in an effort to get the watermelon to the opposing team’s side of the pool while the opposing team tries to do the same.
5. Watermelon Roll Race. Line up participants and their watermelons at the start line, after the starting whistle blows race the watermelons by rolling them along the ground towards the finish line.
6. Watermelon Crawl. Gather everyone up for this country line dance “Watermelon Crawl” to the song by Tracy Byrd and see who has the best moves.
© 2014 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.