20 Fun Ideas for Family Fun Time
- Go to a local high school football, basketball or any other game.
- Take the kids on a mystery trip. Give them clues about your destination as you get closer. It can be something as simple as an ice cream shop or playground, or a trip to a museum or amusement park.
- Put on a family play.
- Let your children prepare a meal and serve it to you and your husband, restaurant style.
- Plant flowers (indoors in a flower pot or outside).
- Get to know the family of one of your child’s friends by having the family over for a cookout.
- Let your kids take photos, print them, and make a photo album — then have the kids think of captions.
- Have a fun, free scavenger hunt.
- Go to a park and take some pictures of landscapes. Develop the pictures, get out the paints and try to paint landscapes by looking at the pictures.
- Go on a bike ride that ends with a picnic.
- For girls: have a spa hour — paint each other’s nails, do your hair, let them put makeup on you.
- Build an obstacle course and let each family member compete for the best time.
- Have a garage sale and let your kids decide how to spend the proceeds on a family day.
- Plan a secret surprise for someone in need. For example, cook a meal for someone or mow their lawn, without them knowing who did it.
- Camp out in your back yard.
- Let the kids help you paint their room. Let them pick out the paint color. (It might get them to actually clean it first!)
- Bake cookies, bread, or a cake — from scratch.
- Let your children design a family crest.
- Go ice skating or roller skating.
- Play Board Game Dash! Each child gets to choose a game, and you play each one for 15 minutes. When the timer goes off—game over.
© 2014 iMOM. All Rights Reserved. Family First, All Pro Dad, iMOM, and Family Minute with Mark Merrill are registered trademarks.
Companies and Products We Know And Trust.